TO ESCAPE FOREST FIRES THEY ENTER A VOLCANIC CAVERN...
- previous image next image enlarge image back
- Henry Darger (1892–1973)
- Mid-20th century
- Watercolor, pencil, and carbon tracing on pieced paper; double-sided
- 19 x 70 in.
- American Folk Art Museum purchase, 2000.25.1a
- Full title: To escape forest fires they enter a volcanic cavern. Are helped out of cave, trap by Blengiglomenean Createns. / PERSUED BY FOREST FIRES, PROVING THE BIGNESS OF THE CONFLARRATION IT IS 40 MILES AWAY AND ADVANCING FAST. / How when they were put in a rat infested cell, they by using the rats and even a few mice they caught they managed to escape after being persued and hounded.
- © Kiyoko Lerner; photo by James Prinz